Chicken and Fennel Lyonnaise with Roasted Garlic Crème Fraîche – The Irish Times
1. Set the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Place the peeled garlic in aluminum foil with the olive oil, thyme and salt. Bring the edges together to form a seal and bake for 20 minutes until tender and golden brown.
3. Pour everything into a bowl, remove the stems of the herbs then crush the garlic a little with the back of a spoon, add the fresh cream and lemon juice, then put everything in the refrigerator.
4. Turn the oven up to 190 degrees.
5. Place the chicken pieces and potatoes on your larger roasting pan and pour the olive oil over them. Season and turn everything over until coated.
6. Cook for 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, cut the fennel and onions in half and cut them into thick slices. Add to the platter with the chicken, along with the bulb of garlic, lemon, herbs, chilli and honey. Toss once more, adding a little more oil if needed, then return to the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice, until cooked through.
8. Serve hot with the chilled creme fraiche – the two will go together like strawberries and cream.